The funding cycle is open – you can fill in the form here or at the bottom of this page.
River Legacy’s singular objective is to provide funding, facilities and support for paddlesports in England and Wales.
The vast majority of money we have available for grant funding comes from the profits generated by our trading subsidiary ‘River Legacy Events Ltd’, and so we do not have an unlimited amount of money available to donate.
Therefore, in order to maximise the impact of our limited funds, each application for funding is discussed fairly and thoroughly by our trustees.
We give donations to a variety of causes of a variety of sizes, as little as donating bin bags and gloves for a river clean up in Cardiff, to donating £5,000 to Kingfisher Canoe Club to build their new clubhouse. In each instance, where funds allow, we look to help as much as we can.
If you have queries about one-off project funding, please get in touch
2023 Funding Cycle information
In this current application cycle, we will be accepting applications for the following awards (click each one for more information):
Each application will be considered on its individual merits. As a general guide when applying for funding the Trustees will be considering the following criteria:
We may also contact you after you have submitted your application for further information before making a final decision. Please reply to any correspondence as quickly as possible for us to fully consider your application.
Terms and Conditions
- Awards cannot be given to projects on which the money has already been spent.
- Applicants are only allowed to submit one application to each award.
- The funding must be used for the specified project. In exceptional circumstances, the trustees may allow funding to be used for a linked project.
- All required sections of the form must be completed for an application to be considered.
- The award cannot be used for a project that results in monetary gain for an individual, business or club.
- River Legacy reserve the right to withdraw an award if we feel any of these conditions have not been met.
- The decision of the River Legacy trustees on whether to fund a project is final
- When is the closing date for the applications?
- Applications will close on 04/05/2023
- When will successful applicants be informed?
- We will aim to inform successful applicants by 04/06/2023
- Can I apply for multiple grants?
- Yes, an organisation or individual can apply for multiple grants. They must be for distinct projects.
More FAQ’s to come. If you have any additional questions please contact us.